Tabi pattern

  • karl.j.jacobs@jci.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000
      The only pattern for tabi that I have found is in the previously-mentioned
      book "Make Your Own Japanese Clothes." As several gentles have poitned
      out, the patterns are post-period, but they can likely also tell you how
      the pattern can be modified to be more accurate to the period.

      Kou no Toshikage
    • Kass McGann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000
        --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, karl.j.jacobs@j... wrote:

        > The only pattern for tabi that I have found is in the previously-
        mentioned
        > book "Make Your Own Japanese Clothes." As several gentles have
        poitned
        > out, the patterns are post-period, but they can likely also tell
        you how
        > the pattern can be modified to be more accurate to the period.
        >
        > Kou no Toshikage

        Kou-dono and Jason and Christina,

        The tabi pattern from "Make Your Own Japanese Clothes" is pretty
        close to period if I remember correctly. I haven't looked at in some
        time, but I promise I will look at it tonite just to be sure.

        Aoi
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2000
          Noble Cousins!

          An important modification to make to tabi is that period tabi would have
          string ties rather than those fancy metal tab thingies. However, you
          should probably understand that tabi are definitely refined and are not
          in evidence on the battle field as a general matter. Battle paintings
          clearly show that the vast majority of those engaged in combat did not
          wear tabi. Oh well. I'm not either of the clothing experts on this mailing
          list. In fact, I'm barely clothed at all at events. People did manage
          to get me to stop wearing some of the stuff that I made for my second
          event, but I still tend to show up in one of the garments from that
          era on occasion.

          | techie.com |