Plum Wine (Tasty, Tasty!)

  • mattfmcti
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      Katai na Itoko! (Honorable Cousins)

      I had a few questions regarding plum wine:

      1) Is it period? (Someone please say YES)
      2) Is the manufacture/fermentation process similar to sake, or more
      akin to grape wine?
      3) Has anyone ever tried to make any?
      4) Is the japanese "plum" similar to the black plums growing in my
      grandfather's North Texas front yard?

      I realize that plums are currently out of season, but I can always
      prepare for next summer/fall.

      Fujiwara Kintarou Takaharu
    • mgiard2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
        The only recipe I found on the net was a cordial in fact...
        Brandy and Japanese Plums...

        A period recipe about plum wine will interest me too, a lot... ;-)

        Fukushima Masanari Hanzo