Help locating a book

  • Stephanie Jordan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
      Konnichi-wa

      Im trying to track down the following book:

      Jidai Ishô no Nuikata is copyright 1984 Kurihara Hiro and Kawamura
      Machiko, published by Genryu-sha Joint Stock Co., Tokyo, Japan.
      ISBN4-7739-8405.

      If any of you have this book can you let me know where you bought it
      and also verify that the ISBN on it is correct, when i had the local
      book store look to see if they could order it they said that there
      wasnt enough numbers in that ISBN i provided.

      Any help or ideas of where to check for it I would be most grateful.

      In Service

      Ichikawa no Masako
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Stephanie Jordan wrote:

        > Konnichi-wa
        >
        > Im trying to track down the following book:
        >
        > Jidai Ishô no Nuikata is copyright 1984 Kurihara Hiro and Kawamura
        > Machiko, published by Genryu-sha Joint Stock Co., Tokyo, Japan.
        > ISBN4-7739-8405.
        >
        > If any of you have this book can you let me know where you bought it
        > and also verify that the ISBN on it is correct, when i had the local
        > book store look to see if they could order it they said that there
        > wasnt enough numbers in that ISBN i provided.

        I got mine at the Kyoto Costume Museum, and the ISBN on the back reads:
        ISBN4-7739-8405-8 C3077 P18540E

        I'm not sure if those last digits are actually ISBN digits, but that's the
        full list of numbers on it.

        > Any help or ideas of where to check for it I would be most grateful.

        You can try www.iz2.or.jp and see if they have it in stock. I'm not sure
        what the shipping would cost--the cover price is JPY 18,000 + JPY 640 in
        tax, though the latter number is actually covered over on my text.

        -Ii
      • Stephanie Jordan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
          > I got mine at the Kyoto Costume Museum, and the ISBN on the back
          reads:
          > ISBN4-7739-8405-8 C3077 P18540E
          >
          > I'm not sure if those last digits are actually ISBN digits, but
          that's the
          > full list of numbers on it.
          >
          > > Any help or ideas of where to check for it I would be most
          grateful.

          > You can try www.iz2.or.jp and see if they have it in stock. I'm
          not sure
          > what the shipping would cost--the cover price is JPY 18,000 + JPY
          640 in
          > tax, though the latter number is actually covered over on my text.
          >
          > -Ii

          domo arigatou gozaimasu! I must have looked past that book on their
          site somehow.

          Masasko
        • ellen.m.davis@att.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
            > > Any help or ideas of where to check for it I would be most grateful.
            >
            > You can try www.iz2.or.jp and see if they have it in stock. I'm not sure
            > what the shipping would cost--the cover price is JPY 18,000 + JPY 640 in
            > tax, though the latter number is actually covered over on my text.
            >
            > -Ii

            You probably will have to email them and ask directly, as I've never seen "Jidai isshou" listed on the books for sale on the site. (Their other books are also really fantastic, btw-- especially the "Day of the Rokujyo-In" one with all the pictures...)

            -Aine