[SCA-JML] Re: Kimono Creation

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 8, 1999
      Baron Edward!

      >LOL! One of these days I'll get one. (BTW, do you recall the first recorded
      >appearance of Tarokaja? Was he in the earliest kyogen, or did he pop up
      >later?)

      I will look it up to be sure. However, as I recall, he does show up in
      the first collection of complete play texts. There are also the play
      synopsis to check which show up a bit earlier. We know of kyogen existing
      quite a bit earlier than the early play synopsis.

      Your Humble Servant
      Solveig THrondardottir

      | techie.com |
    • akimoya
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 10, 1999
        On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

        > > OK, so "Do itashimashite" is actually "Do(h)o itashimshite", and should be
        > > spelled "Dou itashimashite"?
        >
        > Not quite. TODAY it is "dou". A century ago, it was spelled "dofu" but
        > pronounced "dou." MANY MANY MANY centuries ago, it WAS pronounced "dofu," or
        > so they think.

        You're right, my bad - "do(h)o" would be "doo", and "do(f)u" would be
        "dou".

        See, I learned something already!

        Akimoya
        (whou sezs you can't teech an Aulde Phart noo trix?)