[SCA-JML] Japanese Surnames

  • Jason & Christina Hunt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
      Greetings to you all,

      I would just like to ask if anyone here would know if Ichigawa was a
      period surname, my persona is late Muromachi/early Edo. I found the name
      on a Japanese site and I liked it so I thought I'd ask.

      Christina-the yet to be named
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2000

        "Ichigawa" would be a phonetic transformation of "Ichikawa". I BELIEVE
        that "Ichikawa" is the more common version. There was at least one
        Ichikawa (ca 1392) (ref. NCIMJ 1st printing pg. 317)

        Your Humble Servant
        Solveig Thronardottir

        | techie.com |