Ushiro plate in Sendai do

  • ronbroberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2003
      Baron Effingham:

      I am deeply grateful for the armour patterns that you have made
      available at your katchu site.

      I have a question regarding the ushiro plate in the sendai-do pattern.
      In your pattern the rear plate is one large piece. In the Osprey
      _The_Samurai_ on page 58, the rear plate is composed of three vertical
      pieces. (1) Is one of these more common than the other? (2)And why
      does it appear that this plate actually curves in slightly in the
      middle and is dished towards the sides. Wouldn't that actually make
      fit tighter against the back and make it harder to bend forward?

      I appreciate your expertise in these matters.

      --otagiri