Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese camping.

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2000
      Noble Cousin!

      Nagaya (lit. long house) these were basically what they sound like.
      Long wooden houses. They often served as tenements for the lower
      classes in castle towns. I forget the name of the movie which
      depicts life in one of the things. I am tempted to say Donzoku,
      but I'm pretty sure that that is the name for a different movie.

      | techie.com |
    • Ron Martino
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2000
        > Nagaya (lit. long house) these were basically what they sound like.
        > Long wooden houses. They often served as tenements for the lower
        > classes in castle towns. I forget the name of the movie which
        > depicts life in one of the things. I am tempted to say Donzoku,
        > but I'm pretty sure that that is the name for a different movie.
        >
        > Your Humble Servant
        > Solveig Throndardottir
        > Amateur Scholar

        Are you thinking of _The Lower Depths_ (English title)?

        --
        yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com - Ask me how to get paid for surfing the
        Internet.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2000
          Yumitori Dono!

          Greetings from Solveig!

          > Are you thinking of _The Lower Depths_ (English title)?

          Most likely.

          | techie.com |
        • michael A
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2000
            --- Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@...> wrote:
            > Noble Cousin!
            >
            > Nagaya (lit. long house) these were basically what
            > they sound like.
            > Long wooden houses. They often served as tenements
            > for the lower
            > classes in castle towns. I forget the name of the
            > movie which
            > depicts life in one of the things. I am tempted to
            > say Donzoku,
            > but I'm pretty sure that that is the name for a
            > different movie.

            Any other source for pictures on that????
            --kiyohara

            http://im.yahoo.com/