Re: [SCA-JML] Eh....Sewing.... =)

  • Bubba
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2003
      Tachibana Ukyo wrote:
      > My corners have always been squared, but if rounded would be easier,
      > I'd be happy to switch. =)

      I cut a smooth curve from one side of the neck around the back of the neck
      to the other side so there are no angles, just a smooth curve. Greatly
      simplifies things. I'm going to try putting a collar on with a serger
      shortly and see if that goes any better. Honestly the collar is the worst
      part of making a kosode (pinning the pleats is the worst part of hakama). I
      have a couple of kosode that I made by catching the edge of the cloth in the
      middle of the collar, pinning the snot out of it, and sewing very slowly.
      Looks good, but a ton of work that no one will ever see unless they're
      digging through my tent ;) Hopefully the serged collar will work as well and
      make it easier to put together.
      --
      Kagemasa
      mysticz28@...