Poetry Names, dates and the like

  • Fujiwara no Kitsume
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2003
      I've been thinking about my poetry and my writing for my persona, as
      well as trying to set a date for the birth of my persona. Whle looking
      at the calendar information at

      http://sengokudaimyo.com/Miscellany/Calendar.html

      I found that my birthday falls at just about H�shu (which is dated at
      c. June 5 - My b-day being June 4 seems close enough.) in the year of
      the rooster, younger brother of earth (Tsuchinoto Tori).

      Would someone born close to such an annual event have possibly been
      named for that event, or taken something of that name for their poetic
      or trade name? (The Western equivalent I'm thinking of would be like
      naming a child Chris who was born on December 24 or 25.) Would they
      have used something of their birth year in that way as well or instead?

      Or am I just being strangely obsessed with the date? (I'm even thinking
      about 1129 or 1189 as my persona's birthdate because it puts her in the
      the "same sign" as my own birth date. Still debating which would be
      "better" historically speaking.)

      Fujiwara no Kitsume

      =====
      Ardenter amo