Re: Intro

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 18 , May 31, 2000
      --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@b...> wrote:
      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > The publisher for Name Construction in Medieval Japan can be
      > reached at: mailto:ALBAN@d... The pamphlet is not cheap.
      > It is also about 432 pages long.

      Hardly properly termed a "pamphlet" then, is it...

      Aoi
    • Shira
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 29, 2003
        Hi, all. I'm not a SCA-er, (SCA-ist?) so, go easy on me, OK?
        (yoroshiku nasai, ne?)

        I am, in fact, writing a fantasy novel (or series of novels) set in
        several alternate-historical kingdoms somewhere in Indochina. The
        ruling class of these kingdoms are descendents of a Japanese family
        that bore the brunt of the defence against the Mongols and fled the
        subsequent chaos that would have destroyed them. I've been
        disappointed to find that most of the English-speaking fans of
        Japanese history are interested in "samurai history" -- meaning, for
        all intents and purposes, the Tokugawa shogunate era.

        Anyway, I'll probably just lurk, mostly. But it's a delight to find
        this treasure trove of information on Heian and Kamakura Japan, and
        at the very least I wanted to thank you all for putting it together!

        Shira