[SCA-JML] Re: Titles

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 92 , Nov 5, 2003

      Greetings from Solveig! There are three title tables in the back of
      Kodansha Kogojiten. But, you have to read Japanese to use them. One
      problem is that these tables do not include private offices and do
      not cover kabane. These are tables of Imperial and Bakufu offices.
      Most of what we might think of as titles in Japan are actually offices.
      Technically, even the emperor was appointed. There are also rather
      standard honourifics and pseudonyms available for use.

      Other places to look are various guides to Japanese literature where
      they explain the background information that you need to known in
      order to understand classical Japanese literature. There is one of
      these guides available in English. Unfortunately, I do not recall its
      title.

    • Ichikawa Masako(S. Jordan)
      Message 92 of 92 , Apr 11, 2004
        Oh my WAAY down in Southern Ansteorra, but yes the food is wonderful
        =) Seems to be down near the Brownsville area if memory serves. I
        echo Masamune-dono's words, we would love and be honored to have you
        in Ansteorra!

        In Service,
        Masako

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...>
        wrote:
        > RavenRux@C... wrote:
        >
        > > I don't know where that is, but if it is in Ansteorra, We would
        love having you in our Kingdom.