Re: [SCA-JML] Recommended reading?

  • Tim McShane
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 4, 2003
      I found my copy on eBay. Not the greatest movie for historical accuracy (it's merits in this regard have been discussed before on the list), but it did use a significant number of An Tirians as extras. I had to get it to find the scene where an acquaintance of mine gets a full screen shot of him skewering one of the Takeda samurai.

      - Shiro

      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 13, 2003
        It doesn't sound like Japan had a jump in the manufacture, or overall numbers.

        Alcyoneus

        Content preview: I may be a touch out of my element on this one, as my
        knowledge revolves more around melee fightng and weapons. However, I
        believe that since Japan had a bit of a "head start" on Europe as far
        as firearms goes, that the number of firearms in Japan would have to
        consider the amount of weapons that were already being used and not
        just the ones that were produced. In other words, I think it's farily
        logical to assume that Europe probably manufactured more firearms than
        Japan during the 1400s and 1500s. However, I also think it's logical to
        assume that the Japanese armies and main population had accumulated
        enough over the years to give them the numbers you are talking about.
        That's just my opinion. I have no hard facts to back this up.

        Brian Cox
        [...]