Re: [SCA-JML] Bungo list, shaken

  • M.Giard
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2000

      -----Message d'origine-----
      De : Ogami Itto <shubnigurath@...>
      À : sca-jml@egroups.com <sca-jml@egroups.com>
      Date : 16 mai, 2000 17:10
      Objet : Re: [SCA-JML] Bungo list, shaken

           I'm going to open myself up for criticism again...

           While I'm not sure of the references, I was under the impression
      that the shaken eventually developed into a harassment weapon, rather
      than one intended to kill.  (It is interesting to note that if you
      TRUE! A so small and minor penetrating force weapon is not the perfect killing tool...

           I had also heard rumors (this is totally unsubstantiated) that
      they were occasionally covered with offal or poisons, so that even
      the
      minor wounds they inflicted could be dangerous.
      TRUE! I heard that many shinobi items were hide outside, so they can get rusted... And I heard rumor about a clan who put all they shuriken and shuko(tiger claws) on animal poos for storage, increasing the risk of enemy infection when used...

           As a final note, would this be one of those items that no
      shinobi
      would ever want to be caught with?
      TRUE!  When we're talking shinobi, again, they we're not supposed to exist. And those officially known by the authority we're unthrusted most of the time by the samurai class. But Shuriken were also used by samurai on the field. I can't be sure but I think.
      Hanzo Masanari