[SCA-JML] Re: Kimono Creation

  • akimoya
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 7, 1999
      On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > A CA on Japanese clothing will be out next year. Watch this space.
      >
      > Effingham

      Yeah, and so will the millennium. Pull the other one, I've heard this one
      before...

      Akimoya

      PS: Is there a tradition of the joker/jester/fool in Japanese folklore?
    • akimoya
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 10, 1999
        On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

        > > OK, so "Do itashimashite" is actually "Do(h)o itashimshite", and should be
        > > spelled "Dou itashimashite"?
        >
        > Not quite. TODAY it is "dou". A century ago, it was spelled "dofu" but
        > pronounced "dou." MANY MANY MANY centuries ago, it WAS pronounced "dofu," or
        > so they think.

        You're right, my bad - "do(h)o" would be "doo", and "do(f)u" would be
        "dou".

        See, I learned something already!

        Akimoya
        (whou sezs you can't teech an Aulde Phart noo trix?)