Kyougen monologues

  • Joshua Badgley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Are t here any Kyougen monologues out there? I would expect so, but I'm n
      ot n eccessarily sure. I'm looking for some that I could memorize and
      perform without requiring another person to help (i.e. I have nobody in
      Fairbanks that I know can read Japanese very well, let alone do it and
      act).

      -Godric Logan
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2000

        As I vaguely recall, there are even single character kyougen. However,
        these are somewhat exceptional. You should not confuse kyougen with
        rakugo. Kyougen remain theatrical and are not monologues.

        >Are t here any Kyougen monologues out there? I would expect so, but I'm n
        >ot n eccessarily sure. I'm looking for some that I could memorize and
        >perform without requiring another person to help (i.e. I have nobody in
        >Fairbanks that I know can read Japanese very well, let alone do it and
        >act).
        >
        >-Godric Logan

        | techie.com |