New poll for sca-jml

  • sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
      sca-jml group:

      Let's talk persona!
      What historical era is your persona in?

      Here is an era chart if you are not
      sure of the ear name, but know about
      what year you are in...

      http://fibers.destinyslobster.com/Japane
      se/japeras.htm

      o Heian - 794 - 1192
      o Kamakura - 1192 - 1336
      o Muromachi - 1392 - 1568
      o Momoyama - 1568 - 1600
      o Other

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 7, 2003

        Greetings from Solveig! Can those of use with multiple persona disorders
        vote multiple times?

      • Eric Munson
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 7, 2003
          Hmm.. Not sure it is set up that way, sorry. But you did just open
          yourself up the question - "what is the nature of your disorder?"

          - mokurai

        • Elaine Koogler
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 8, 2003
            No....in fact, when I took on my alternate personna, I was told that the honors...and responsibilities carried over. So Eleanor, rather than being the "twit" that she really is, gets Kiri's honors and is Dame Eleanor! Seriously, though, most folks don't even recognize my alternate personna any more. I seem to be "Kiri" no matter what I'm wearing!

            Kiri

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 13, 2003
              sca-jml group:

              In planning for a possible Japanese-
              Mongol event in the future, I'm curious:
              How far are you willing to travel to
              attend an Asian-specific event,
              assuming there is crash space (camping,
              cabins, or other) available?

              o 1 hour
              o 2 hours
              o 3 hours
              o 4 hours
              o 5 hours
              o 6 hours
              o 7 hours
              o 8 hours
              o 9 hours
              o 10+ hours

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • Solveig
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 13, 2003

                Greetings from Solveig! With all due respect, the previous poll was poorly
                constructed and to my mind the new one is worse. I have been known to fly
                to events, however it depends entirely upon the nature of the event, when
                it is held, and how long it is.

              • Ii Saburou
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 14, 2003
                  I agree, and would encourage you to find a wording that would be more
                  appropriate using the tools at hand. Unfortunately, the polling ability
                  of Yahoo!Groups is terrible.

                  Hmmmm.... maybe what might be nicer is some kind of online form that folks
                  could fill out?

                  What I'd really like to have are demographics--I don't want personal
                  information, but too much info seems to turn out that way in order to get
                  a larger picture.

                  The assumption for the latest poll was an event lasting overnight.

                  That said, what would be really nice is general info of the following
                  nature:

                  For everyone with a Japanese persona:
                  What barony/Kingdom do you reside in (or modern Zip Code)? _________________
                  How long would you be willing to travel to:
                  A Japanese-themed day event? __________________
                  A Japanese-themed 2+ day camping event? _______________
                  An Inter-kingdom Japanese-themed 2+ day camping event? ___________
                  What other considerations might you have? ______________________________

                  However, you can't get that detailed with Yahoo!Groups polling.

                  The real question becomes: Where are we all and how far are we willing to
                  go to have a big Japanese event? I'm still talking with Lord Pao about a
                  possible event in Spring of '05 in the SE Ohio/W Penn area for Mongols v.
                  Japanese. So far there has been huge support, he says, from the Hordes,
                  but we aren't sure how much of a Japanese presence we would have, as we
                  seem much more scattered.

                  -Ii

                • ekoogler1@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 14, 2003
                    As I think I stated earlier, both to you and to Lord Pao on various occasions, I would be very interested in assisting with such an effort. And...have either of you contacted the Silver Horde, based mainly in the NYC area? I may still have information on how to contact them if you are interested.

                    Kiri
                  • Solveig
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 14, 2003
                      Ii dono!

                      Greetings from Solveig! I doubt that Japanese events should make the same
                      blunder as the eurocentrists. I can document people from all over the place
                      in Japan before 1600. I think that Japanese events should be localized in
                      Japan and leave it at that. I especially think that those interested in
                      China, India, and Japan should cooperate a whole lot more on events.

                      Closest major aiport: Ottawa.
                      Allowed distance: I flew to St. Louis last Spring for a Fri-Su event.
                      Limitation: I prefer no more than one transfer.
                      Availability: Depends on conflict with academic schedule.
                      Request: Please avoid direct conflict with the major Known-World
                      Symposia.

                    • ekoogler1@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 14, 2003
                        Lady Solveig,
                        I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I don't think Ii-dono was implying that the event would be centered in any particular locality, but rather a recreation of a type of thing that did happen...a Sino-Japanese war...on several occasions. And the Mongols did TRY to invade Japan, albeit unsuccessfully. And as for trying to work together, I thought that was what we were doing!

                        Kiri
                      • Eric Munson
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 17, 2003
                          Um... Does this refer to the poll I created on persona time periods? It
                          was just for fun to start conversation and Ii is just trying to get a
                          rough idea which all any poll is good for. We need to lighten up.

                          - mokurai

                        • Choronzey, Marc
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 17, 2003
                            I agree! We should lighten up. For most of us, this is a hobby. I'm not
                            saying it should be done half-assed but the opposite is also true... if we
                            take this too seriously, at one point we'll wake up and ask ourselves
                            "what's the fun in this?"

                            -Marc Choronzey,
                            Support BMC Montréal.
                            Page : 514.414.0907
                            Cell : 514.917.4764

                          • sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 16, 2005
                              sca-jml group:

                              What kingdom are you from?

                              o �thelmearc
                              o Ansteorra
                              o An Tir
                              o Artemisia
                              o Atenveldt
                              o Atlantia
                              o Caid
                              o Calontir
                              o Drachenwald
                              o Ealdormere
                              o East
                              o Lochac
                              o Meridies
                              o Middle
                              o Northshield
                              o Outlands
                              o Trimaris
                              o West

                              web site listed above.

                              Thanks!
                            • Park McKellop
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 16, 2005
                                Clicking on the link, I find that there are no open polls...

                                Alcyoneus

                                sca-jml@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                web site listed above.

                                Thanks!

                              • Elaine Koogler
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 17, 2005
                                  Park McKellop wrote:

                                  > Clicking on the link, I find that there are no open polls...
                                  >
                                  > Alcyoneus
                                  >
                                  > sca-jml@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                  > web site listed above.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks!

                                  Same here....

                                  Kiri
                                • Kenneth Kruse
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 17, 2005
                                    I am sorry, I the creater of the poll, found the information on the database of the website and distroyed it the poll when I found that the info was already there. I am truly sorry. But if you wished to tell your kingdom do it at the Database like I did.

                                    Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:Park McKellop wrote:

                                    > Clicking on the link, I find that there are no open polls...
                                    >
                                    > Alcyoneus
                                    >
                                    > sca-jml@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                    > web site listed above.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks!

                                    Same here....

                                    Kiri

                                    ---------------------------------

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 17, 2005
                                      sca-jml group:

                                      What kingdom are you from?

                                      o �thelmearc
                                      o Ansteorra
                                      o An Tir
                                      o Artemisia
                                      o Atenveldt
                                      o Atlantia
                                      o Caid
                                      o Calontir
                                      o Drachenwald
                                      o Ealdormere
                                      o East
                                      o Lochac
                                      o Meridies
                                      o Middle
                                      o Northshield
                                      o Outlands
                                      o Trimaris
                                      o West

                                      web site listed above.

                                      Thanks!
                                    • Park McKellop
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 17, 2005
                                        It is working now.

                                        Kenneth Kruse <yusatatsuaki@...> wrote:
                                        I am sorry, I the creater of the poll, found the information on the database of the website and distroyed it the poll when I found that the info was already there. I am truly sorry. But if you wished to tell your kingdom do it at the Database like I did.

                                        Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:Park McKellop wrote:

                                        > Clicking on the link, I find that there are no open polls...
                                        >
                                        > Alcyoneus
                                        >
                                        > sca-jml@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                        > web site listed above.
                                        >
                                        > Thanks!