Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
      Choronzey, Marc wrote:

      > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
      >
      > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
      > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
      > they are very nice indeed. :)
      >
      > Poetry challenge
      > monk and warrior confront
      > Afternoon's delight.

      Afternoon's delight?

      Hmmm.

      Afternoon delight.
      Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
      Runner in the night.

      Effingham
    • Choronzey, Marc
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
        LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
        have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

        -Marc Choronzey
        Support SAC, BMC Montreal
        Page : 514.414.0907
        Cell : 514.917.4764

      • Solveig
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
          Ii dono!

          Greetings from Solveig!

          >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
          >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
          >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
          >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
          >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

          I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
          than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
          gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
          building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
          personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
          rather than a smaller structure.