RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

  • Eric Munson
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
      Well, I suppose we are playing fast and loose with the rules, but a good
      round of Renga now and then is good for the soul.

      - mokurai

      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
        Choronzey, Marc wrote:

        > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
        >
        > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
        > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
        > they are very nice indeed. :)
        >
        > Poetry challenge
        > monk and warrior confront
        > Afternoon's delight.

        Afternoon's delight?

        Hmmm.

        Afternoon delight.
        Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
        Runner in the night.

        Effingham
      • Choronzey, Marc
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
          LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
          have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

          -Marc Choronzey
          Support SAC, BMC Montreal
          Page : 514.414.0907
          Cell : 514.917.4764

        • Solveig
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
            Ii dono!

            Greetings from Solveig!

            >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
            >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
            >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
            >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
            >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

            I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
            than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
            gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
            building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
            personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
            rather than a smaller structure.