RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

  • Eric Munson
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
      ACK!

    • Eric Munson
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
        Well, I suppose we are playing fast and loose with the rules, but a good
        round of Renga now and then is good for the soul.

        - mokurai

        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
          Choronzey, Marc wrote:

          > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
          >
          > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
          > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
          > they are very nice indeed. :)
          >
          > Poetry challenge
          > monk and warrior confront
          > Afternoon's delight.

          Afternoon's delight?

          Hmmm.

          Afternoon delight.
          Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
          Runner in the night.

          Effingham
        • Choronzey, Marc
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
            LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
            have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

            -Marc Choronzey
            Support SAC, BMC Montreal
            Page : 514.414.0907
            Cell : 514.917.4764

          • Solveig
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
              Ii dono!

              Greetings from Solveig!

              >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
              >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
              >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
              >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
              >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

              I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
              than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
              gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
              building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
              personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
              rather than a smaller structure.