Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
      Eric Munson wrote:

      > I suppose I should note that Mokurai does come from a samurai family and
      > is thus not entirely detached from worldly matters

      You know, if you did go with cicadas you could say in all honesty and with a
      straight face that you live in a "semi"-detached house. <G>

      Effingham
    • Eric Munson
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
        ACK!

      • Eric Munson
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
          Well, I suppose we are playing fast and loose with the rules, but a good
          round of Renga now and then is good for the soul.

          - mokurai

          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
            Choronzey, Marc wrote:

            > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
            >
            > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
            > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
            > they are very nice indeed. :)
            >
            > Poetry challenge
            > monk and warrior confront
            > Afternoon's delight.

            Afternoon's delight?

            Hmmm.

            Afternoon delight.
            Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
            Runner in the night.

            Effingham
          • Choronzey, Marc
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
              LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
              have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

              -Marc Choronzey
              Support SAC, BMC Montreal
              Page : 514.414.0907
              Cell : 514.917.4764

            • Solveig
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                Ii dono!

                Greetings from Solveig!

                >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
                >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
                >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
                >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
                >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

                I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
                than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
                gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
                building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
                personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
                rather than a smaller structure.