RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

  • Choronzey, Marc
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1 11:30 AM
      woo-hoo! err.... yosh.

      hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
      english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
      they are very nice indeed. :)

      Poetry challenge
      monk and warrior confront
      Afternoon's delight.

      (hehehe)

      -Marc Choronzey
      Support SAC, BMC Montreal
      Page : 514.414.0907
      Cell : 514.917.4764

      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1 11:58 AM
        Eric Munson wrote:

        > I suppose I should note that Mokurai does come from a samurai family and
        > is thus not entirely detached from worldly matters

        You know, if you did go with cicadas you could say in all honesty and with a
        straight face that you live in a "semi"-detached house. <G>

        Effingham
      • Eric Munson
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1 12:11 PM
          ACK!

        • Eric Munson
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1 12:12 PM
            Well, I suppose we are playing fast and loose with the rules, but a good
            round of Renga now and then is good for the soul.

            - mokurai

            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 1 12:14 PM
              Choronzey, Marc wrote:

              > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
              >
              > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
              > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
              > they are very nice indeed. :)
              >
              > Poetry challenge
              > monk and warrior confront
              > Afternoon's delight.

              Afternoon's delight?

              Hmmm.

              Afternoon delight.
              Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
              Runner in the night.

              Effingham
            • Choronzey, Marc
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 1 12:21 PM
                LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
                have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

                -Marc Choronzey
                Support SAC, BMC Montreal
                Page : 514.414.0907
                Cell : 514.917.4764

              • Solveig
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 1 1:30 PM
                  Ii dono!

                  Greetings from Solveig!

                  >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
                  >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
                  >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
                  >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
                  >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

                  I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
                  than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
                  gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
                  building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
                  personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
                  rather than a smaller structure.