RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

  • Eric Munson
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
      > -----Original Message-----
      > From: Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie [mailto:kabuto@...]
      >
      > fireflies and crickets
      > all gather to hear music
      > enemies no more
      >
      > katana put down
      > gagaku in the grasses
      > stingers laid to rest
      >

      > Date

      Well done!

      Stingers laid to rest
      The meadow lies in repose
      Peaceful after the concert
      Tiny Shirabyoshi
      End the dance as Dawn unfolds

      - mokurai
    • Choronzey, Marc
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
        woo-hoo! err.... yosh.

        hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
        english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
        they are very nice indeed. :)

        Poetry challenge
        monk and warrior confront
        Afternoon's delight.

        (hehehe)

        -Marc Choronzey
        Support SAC, BMC Montreal
        Page : 514.414.0907
        Cell : 514.917.4764

        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
          Eric Munson wrote:

          > I suppose I should note that Mokurai does come from a samurai family and
          > is thus not entirely detached from worldly matters

          You know, if you did go with cicadas you could say in all honesty and with a
          straight face that you live in a "semi"-detached house. <G>

          Effingham
        • Eric Munson
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
            ACK!

          • Eric Munson
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
              Well, I suppose we are playing fast and loose with the rules, but a good
              round of Renga now and then is good for the soul.

              - mokurai

              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                Choronzey, Marc wrote:

                > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
                >
                > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
                > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
                > they are very nice indeed. :)
                >
                > Poetry challenge
                > monk and warrior confront
                > Afternoon's delight.

                Afternoon's delight?

                Hmmm.

                Afternoon delight.
                Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
                Runner in the night.

                Effingham
              • Choronzey, Marc
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                  LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
                  have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

                  -Marc Choronzey
                  Support SAC, BMC Montreal
                  Page : 514.414.0907
                  Cell : 514.917.4764

                • Solveig
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                    Ii dono!

                    Greetings from Solveig!

                    >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
                    >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
                    >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
                    >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
                    >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

                    I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
                    than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
                    gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
                    building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
                    personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
                    rather than a smaller structure.