Re: Cricket House - sorta OT

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Munson" <eric@m...> wrote:
      > Indeed. And I appreciate that very much, thanks. Right now I am
      leaning
      > towards Effingham's suggestion - "Shissutsu-in", it seems to fit
      most
      > of the criteria being brought up.

      Does any of this have to do with going bughouse? ;->

      Makiwara, whose Western alter-ego is chatelaine of Chateau des Singes
      (The Monkey House)
    • Eric Munson
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003

        Well done!

        Stingers laid to rest
        The meadow lies in repose
        Peaceful after the concert
        Tiny Shirabyoshi
        End the dance as Dawn unfolds

        - mokurai
      • Choronzey, Marc
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
          woo-hoo! err.... yosh.

          hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
          english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
          they are very nice indeed. :)

          Poetry challenge
          monk and warrior confront
          Afternoon's delight.

          (hehehe)

          -Marc Choronzey
          Support SAC, BMC Montreal
          Page : 514.414.0907
          Cell : 514.917.4764

          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
            Eric Munson wrote:

            > I suppose I should note that Mokurai does come from a samurai family and
            > is thus not entirely detached from worldly matters

            You know, if you did go with cicadas you could say in all honesty and with a
            straight face that you live in a "semi"-detached house. <G>

            Effingham
          • Eric Munson
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
              ACK!

            • Eric Munson
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                Well, I suppose we are playing fast and loose with the rules, but a good
                round of Renga now and then is good for the soul.

                - mokurai

                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                  Choronzey, Marc wrote:

                  > woo-hoo! err.... yosh.
                  >
                  > hehehe, although, I think they should either be all japanese or all
                  > english, I believe it becomes too easy to mix-n-match. Still, all-in-all,
                  > they are very nice indeed. :)
                  >
                  > Poetry challenge
                  > monk and warrior confront
                  > Afternoon's delight.

                  Afternoon's delight?

                  Hmmm.

                  Afternoon delight.
                  Dressed up like a deuce, you know.
                  Runner in the night.

                  Effingham
                • Choronzey, Marc
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                    LOL LOL LOL I surrender! I cant afford to split a gut at the office.... I
                    have to pay for the ambulance ride... (hehehe)

                    -Marc Choronzey
                    Support SAC, BMC Montreal
                    Page : 514.414.0907
                    Cell : 514.917.4764

                  • Solveig
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 1, 2003
                      Ii dono!

                      Greetings from Solveig!

                      >What about 'suzu-mushi'? I've seen it translated as 'bell cricket' and,
                      >even though it is a specific type, it might work here. I also missed,
                      >earlier, whether you had considered '-den'. I'm not sure if it can be
                      >used in a name, however, although I thought I remembered it being used for
                      >such. Would 'Suzu-den' (Bell Mansion) be doable?

                      I am pretty sure that suzu-mushi is one of those poetic references rather
                      than an actual primary word. There are other examples. In modern Japan,
                      gokiburi are also known as abura-mushi. You are correct that -den is another
                      building forming word, I was trying to go for things which would be a bit
                      personal appropraite for Mokurai-bozu and still create the image of a larger
                      rather than a smaller structure.