Re: [SCA-JML] Re: period musical instruments

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
      Baron Edward!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      >Oh, dear: I just had the image of someone trying to authorize in hichiriki and
      >sho, and finding that no marshals could stand to be on the field. <G>

      Just because a sho sounds like a banshee in heat? What has become of our
      marshals?

    • Eric Munson
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003

        This is great. I see this being retold at Pennsic next year....

        - mo
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
          Solveig wrote:

          > Just because a sho sounds like a banshee in heat? What has become of our
          > marshals?

          They're brave enough in the face of rattan, but like most would blanch at the
          shriek of a hichiriki. Hey, they're only human. <G>

          Effingham
        • Bubba
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
            Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

            > Oh, dear: I just had the image of someone trying to authorize in
            > hichiriki and sho, and finding that no marshals could stand to be on
            > the field. <G>

            Well, there once was a guy that attempted to get a set of foam and duct tape
            bagpipes authorized. Almost managed to, but the knight marshal managed to
            stop laughing long enough to realize they'd make a nice flail.
            --
            Gundy
            mysticz28@...