Re: [SCA-JML] Re: period musical instruments

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30 9:12 PM
      mattfmcti wrote:

      > Funny *G* I should add that to my list of double-reed stories. I can
      > imagine it now...Shôgun by right of driving everyone else stark raving
      > mad with my trusty hichiriki...mwa ha ha ha!

      Oh, dear: I just had the image of someone trying to authorize in hichiriki and
      sho, and finding that no marshals could stand to be on the field. <G>

      Effingham
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
        Baron Edward!

        Greetings from Solveig!

        >Oh, dear: I just had the image of someone trying to authorize in hichiriki and
        >sho, and finding that no marshals could stand to be on the field. <G>

        Just because a sho sounds like a banshee in heat? What has become of our
        marshals?

      • Eric Munson
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003

          This is great. I see this being retold at Pennsic next year....

          - mo
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
            Solveig wrote:

            > Just because a sho sounds like a banshee in heat? What has become of our
            > marshals?

            They're brave enough in the face of rattan, but like most would blanch at the
            shriek of a hichiriki. Hey, they're only human. <G>

            Effingham
          • Bubba
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
              Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

              > Oh, dear: I just had the image of someone trying to authorize in
              > hichiriki and sho, and finding that no marshals could stand to be on
              > the field. <G>

              Well, there once was a guy that attempted to get a set of foam and duct tape
              bagpipes authorized. Almost managed to, but the knight marshal managed to
              stop laughing long enough to realize they'd make a nice flail.
              --
              Gundy
              mysticz28@...