Re: Second Kamon Try

  • starscrossing
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2003
      It is always my attempt to have something uniquely mine and not to
      step on someone else's claims, especially not the claims of people
      with katanas. :) It's my hang up. I had the same thing when designing
      my Anglo Norman device. I thought of it this way: I'd be mighty
      unhappy if I saw someone using the McVeigh heraldry, for example, and
      I'm not all that close to the line actually entitled to that device.

      I did, however consider using the colors/charges in that device when
      creating my own. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed. The most
      commonly sited McVeigh device is Ermine, a lion pasant Or, on a chief
      azure a rose between two increscents Or. It may be period, but it's
      uuuugh-lee and a hard color/metal/fur combination to design around.
      Ermine always looks very busy. Plus, the charges are some of the most
      common to anglo-Norman heraldry. Drove me crazy for months before I
      switched colors (Gules and Or) and Baron Modar put me on to the
      alphyn.

      What does anyone thing of three wisteria in tomoe (however that
      really blazons - wisteria in anulet?) cojoined at the edges, one and
      two? That would be simpler than the plum blossom of wisteria design
      and isn't something I've seen looking at the Japanese heraldry.

      Kitsume