Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Ok, let's try this

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 43 , Sep 17, 2003
      Kiri Hime!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      >like orange, which was used on the continent! I guess their philosophy was
      >that they had to start somewhere.

      Unfortunately, they are a bit more pathological than that. There are
      prominent heralds who teach people in their well attended talks at
      Known World Heraldic Symposium that the "Rules for Submission" is a
      document from which to learn "Period Style". Balderdash! The RfS is
      a place to learn about the CoA's rules. That and nothing more. The
      place to learn about period style is from studying period rolls of
      arms and reading scholarly treatises on same. Harumph!

      The CoA has really good rules about names and attrousious rules about
      armory. Their name rules promote research. Their heraldry rules promote
      rules lawyering.

    • Solveig
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 17, 2003