Re: [SCA-JML] Looking for event support

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
      Ii Dono!

      Greetings from Solveig! A Mongol-Japan War? sounds very interesting.

      As a practical matter, it will compete with Pennsic. I think that you
      should time the things to avoid this effect top the extent possible.
      I would like to suggest holding it over Memorial Day weekend which
      will give you at least three days. People are more likely to travel
      long distances for longer events. The problem with Memorial Day,
      is that travel rates go up for the holiday and the roads are more
      congested. Do try to time things to avoid such things a finals at
      major colleges and universities.

      Also, please consider to what extent you will be willing to accomodate
      those of non-Asian "persona".

      If the event is long enough, there might actually be both a Mongol feast
      based on Bruel's book and a Japanese feast based on sources in ZGR.

      Note. I have been known to fly from Toronto to Portland, Oregon for a
      five day event. For that matter, I once flew from Pulman to Seattle in
      a snowstorm for a scholae, but I'm like that. (The road to the airport
      was semi-closed, so I had to walk to the airport.)

      Regardless. I wish to offer my most unworthy assistance.