Re: [SCA-JML] Onmyoji (+ additional armour question)

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      Kiri Hime!

      Greetings from Solveig! The prices are unbelievable. What sort of condition
      to the DVD's arrive in?

    • ekoogler1@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        I haven't ordered these particular films, but all of the others I have ordered
        have arrived in mint condition...They still have the orginal factory wrapping
        on them. I think I must have ordered about a dozen through them and all have
        been just fine. Essentially, they are an auction site, part of e-Bay, so the
        DVD's come from folks who advertise them for sale. And, just as there are
        professional merchants who sell their goods on e-Bay, so there are professional
        merchants who sell them here. I suspect there is a substantial mark-up on
        DVD's, so these guys aren't really losing money!

        Kiri
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2003
          Ii Saburou wrote:

          > BTW, I was wondering about the armour. Hiraizumi-dono, I don't recall if
          > you mentioned anything about this before, but how 'right' is the armour?
          > It seems like it is supposed to be a very early version of the o-yoroi--a
          > transitional armour--and looked like it was either solid plates (bronze?
          > leather? iron?) or covered in leather. I suspected the latter, as I
          > recall that most o-yoroi were covered with leather at least on the front
          > (although most that I've seen were printed).

          It's pretty much an ignorable armor dead-end. It's the next to last stage of the old keiko. The keiko split into two
          different directions: one went toward becoming the o-yoroi, and the other ended up more poncho like and heavily
          Chinese styled. The final form of it survives as a costume -- looking like a kozane-covered poncho -- in some court
          dances.

          This form was more ceremonial than anything else, and is largely ignored.