Re: [SCA-JML] Onmyoji (+ additional armour question)

  • ekoogler1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      Would you believe that I found it on Half.com for almost half the price that
      Amazon has it for...these are new, factory-sealed DVD's. They also have Throne
      of Blood for about $20, which I believe is well below the usual retail for the
      movie.

      Kiri
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        Kiri Hime!

        Greetings from Solveig! The prices are unbelievable. What sort of condition
        to the DVD's arrive in?

      • ekoogler1@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
          I haven't ordered these particular films, but all of the others I have ordered
          have arrived in mint condition...They still have the orginal factory wrapping
          on them. I think I must have ordered about a dozen through them and all have
          been just fine. Essentially, they are an auction site, part of e-Bay, so the
          DVD's come from folks who advertise them for sale. And, just as there are
          professional merchants who sell their goods on e-Bay, so there are professional
          merchants who sell them here. I suspect there is a substantial mark-up on
          DVD's, so these guys aren't really losing money!

          Kiri
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2003
            Ii Saburou wrote:

            > BTW, I was wondering about the armour. Hiraizumi-dono, I don't recall if
            > you mentioned anything about this before, but how 'right' is the armour?
            > It seems like it is supposed to be a very early version of the o-yoroi--a
            > transitional armour--and looked like it was either solid plates (bronze?
            > leather? iron?) or covered in leather. I suspected the latter, as I
            > recall that most o-yoroi were covered with leather at least on the front
            > (although most that I've seen were printed).

            It's pretty much an ignorable armor dead-end. It's the next to last stage of the old keiko. The keiko split into two
            different directions: one went toward becoming the o-yoroi, and the other ended up more poncho like and heavily
            Chinese styled. The final form of it survives as a costume -- looking like a kozane-covered poncho -- in some court
            dances.

            This form was more ceremonial than anything else, and is largely ignored.