Sendai Do problem,, need some answers

  • Brian Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hello, im currrently trying to put together the patterns for the Sendai
      do from Lord Effinghams website. my problems are in the scaling from his
      pattern link(there was no scale in the page). Also, i am a rather tall
      person,(being six four and haveing a 39 inch weist). Also, i am doing this
      project(my first armor project) out of 10 ounce leather, what kind of hinges
      should i use or should i use a modified tie for the sides and other such
      pieces.
      So currently im doing the old draw it three or four times method on a large
      piece of brown paper untill i get it to the right proportions,

      If anyone has any ideas for me , i would love to know them.

      thanks.

      Onishi Hirotora Kageyama

      http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental
    • Zach Schneider
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
        If you look at the patern from
        Ef's site, panel D is %25 of your body measure,G is %30 and F is half of the
        remaining measure. B is greater than M and it has a slight overlap on M by
        an inch or so. F+E is equal to the measure from your hip to your armpit -
        whatever room you want to take for good movement. Measure your chest, your
        waist and your belt to your pit.
        Hope this helps,
        Yoshida Takezo Hidesada