Re: D'oh!

  • Markus Breier
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jasdel@n...> wrote:
      > Seriously, how in the hell do you keep all of the different "do"
      > styles straight? And how can you tell which goes with which?

      Take a look at Effinghams website
      (http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/0.Katchu.html)
      In Chapter 6: The Do is a table on the different styles and types.

      > "IF" I want to use some metal in making some of the armour, what
      are
      > the most basic armouring tools that I'll need?

      I did most of the work with a drill press, a jigsaw (which I later
      replaced by a power shear), a dishing hammer, a planishing hammer, a
      dishing stump and the head of an sledge hammer used as an anvil.
      That's it.
      It may not be very professional, but it worked.

      You may also take a look at
      http://armour.brighthelm.org/Basic-Armouring.pdf
      Altough it doesn't deal with japanese armour specifically, it is a
      good thing to look at, since it explains the techniques Effingham
      only mentions by name on his site.

      Markus