D'oh!

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2003
      Seriously, how in the hell do you keep all of the different "do"
      styles straight? And how can you tell which goes with which?

      "IF" I want to use some metal in making some of the armour, what are
      the most basic armouring tools that I'll need?

      thanks

      Jason
    • Markus Breier
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jasdel@n...> wrote:
        > Seriously, how in the hell do you keep all of the different "do"
        > styles straight? And how can you tell which goes with which?

        Take a look at Effinghams website
        (http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/0.Katchu.html)
        In Chapter 6: The Do is a table on the different styles and types.

        > "IF" I want to use some metal in making some of the armour, what
        are
        > the most basic armouring tools that I'll need?

        I did most of the work with a drill press, a jigsaw (which I later
        replaced by a power shear), a dishing hammer, a planishing hammer, a
        dishing stump and the head of an sledge hammer used as an anvil.
        That's it.
        It may not be very professional, but it worked.

        You may also take a look at
        http://armour.brighthelm.org/Basic-Armouring.pdf
        Altough it doesn't deal with japanese armour specifically, it is a
        good thing to look at, since it explains the techniques Effingham
        only mentions by name on his site.

        Markus