Intro

  • Shira
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 29, 2003
      Hi, all. I'm not a SCA-er, (SCA-ist?) so, go easy on me, OK?
      (yoroshiku nasai, ne?)

      I am, in fact, writing a fantasy novel (or series of novels) set in
      several alternate-historical kingdoms somewhere in Indochina. The
      ruling class of these kingdoms are descendents of a Japanese family
      that bore the brunt of the defence against the Mongols and fled the
      subsequent chaos that would have destroyed them. I've been
      disappointed to find that most of the English-speaking fans of
      Japanese history are interested in "samurai history" -- meaning, for
      all intents and purposes, the Tokugawa shogunate era.

      Anyway, I'll probably just lurk, mostly. But it's a delight to find
      this treasure trove of information on Heian and Kamakura Japan, and
      at the very least I wanted to thank you all for putting it together!

      Shira