Re: SNIMTA_SPAM [SCA-JML] Re

  • ekoogler1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2003
      Yeah, I ran into that in an older translation of a work by Platina, a 15th
      century Italian gourmand who wrote a treatise on foods and health. The
      translation rendered a reference to grain as "corn"...for a neophyte who had
      just begun working on redacting receipes...and who knew that what we
      call "corn" wasn't known in Europe at this time, this was very confusing.
      Finally a Latin scholar friend explained to me that this term was used in
      period to refer to any kind of grain.

      Kiri