Re: [SCA-JML] so....

  • Ron Martino
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12 9:48 PM
      > Barbara Nostrand wrote:
      >
      > > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
      > > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.
      >
      > One of my great frustrations:
      >
      > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
      > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
      >
      > Effingham

      Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
      ceremony...

      --
      yumitori@... - Ask me how to get paid for surfing the Internet.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12 9:56 PM
        Ron Martino wrote:

        > > One of my great frustrations:
        > >
        > > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
        > > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
        >
        > Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
        > ceremony...

        True, but you have to be very clear when you ask "where can I have kaiseki?" in
        looking for a restaurant.

        OTOH, if you're spending the day in a temple, it's academic. <G>

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 13 3:20 PM
          Kev Fitzpatrick wrote:

          > > I can scan in a few pictures and e-mail them to you
          > > tomorrow. I'm ready to
          > > crash now, so please pardon the wait. I'll also scan
          > > in some line drawings
          > > of one with measurements.
          >
          > Mokkai arigatoo. Pennsic e iku yaroo? Boku wa
          > hajimete ya kara basho zenzen wakarahen kedo hontoo ni
          > aitai.

          Mochiron sa!

          I'll be looking forward to meeting you!