Re: [SCA-JML] so....

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12 9:42 PM
      Barbara Nostrand wrote:

      > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
      > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

      One of my great frustrations:

      There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
      kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.

      Effingham
    • Ron Martino
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12 9:48 PM
        > Barbara Nostrand wrote:
        >
        > > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
        > > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.
        >
        > One of my great frustrations:
        >
        > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
        > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
        >
        > Effingham

        Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
        ceremony...

        --
        yumitori@... - Ask me how to get paid for surfing the Internet.
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12 9:56 PM
          Ron Martino wrote:

          > > One of my great frustrations:
          > >
          > > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
          > > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
          >
          > Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
          > ceremony...

          True, but you have to be very clear when you ask "where can I have kaiseki?" in
          looking for a restaurant.

          OTOH, if you're spending the day in a temple, it's academic. <G>

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 13 3:20 PM
            Kev Fitzpatrick wrote:

            > > I can scan in a few pictures and e-mail them to you
            > > tomorrow. I'm ready to
            > > crash now, so please pardon the wait. I'll also scan
            > > in some line drawings
            > > of one with measurements.
            >
            > Mokkai arigatoo. Pennsic e iku yaroo? Boku wa
            > hajimete ya kara basho zenzen wakarahen kedo hontoo ni
            > aitai.

            Mochiron sa!

            I'll be looking forward to meeting you!