Re: [SCA-JML] so....

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12 9:35 PM
      Baron Edward!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      >I'm really starting to look forward to hitting my old favorite sushi haunt
      >in Asakusabashi...

      Talk about rubbing it in! I didn't eat sushi all that often in Japan!
      I did know a nice place on the way home that made an enjoyable Ochazuke.
      There was also a convenient Oden store and what naught. Now for really
      random stuff. There was a stand up soba shop at some station or other
      on Yamanote sen that served ajisoba that I liked.

      Now then, as I recall, there was a sashimi store somewhere around
      Nakano which (I vaguelly recall) served good kimchi. They also
      took up serving fillet of live fish. Aren't my food stories so
      pedestrian?

      Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
      advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

      Alas! But, I fear that I have forgotten (what was that language
      anyway).

      | techie.com |
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12 9:42 PM
        Barbara Nostrand wrote:

        > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
        > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

        One of my great frustrations:

        There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
        kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.

        Effingham
      • Ron Martino
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12 9:48 PM
          > Barbara Nostrand wrote:
          >
          > > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
          > > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.
          >
          > One of my great frustrations:
          >
          > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
          > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
          >
          > Effingham

          Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
          ceremony...

          --
          yumitori@... - Ask me how to get paid for surfing the Internet.
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 12 9:56 PM
            Ron Martino wrote:

            > > One of my great frustrations:
            > >
            > > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
            > > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
            >
            > Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
            > ceremony...

            True, but you have to be very clear when you ask "where can I have kaiseki?" in
            looking for a restaurant.

            OTOH, if you're spending the day in a temple, it's academic. <G>

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 13 3:20 PM
              Kev Fitzpatrick wrote:

              > > I can scan in a few pictures and e-mail them to you
              > > tomorrow. I'm ready to
              > > crash now, so please pardon the wait. I'll also scan
              > > in some line drawings
              > > of one with measurements.
              >
              > Mokkai arigatoo. Pennsic e iku yaroo? Boku wa
              > hajimete ya kara basho zenzen wakarahen kedo hontoo ni
              > aitai.

              Mochiron sa!

              I'll be looking forward to meeting you!