Re: [SCA-JML] so....

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
      Barbara Nostrand wrote:

      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Speaking of sushi. I recently had two job interviews which involved
      > traveling through Seattle. This gave me an opportunity to eat at
      > Shiro's (arguably the best or second best sushi establishment on
      > the continent) twice in about the last month. I was even reimbursed
      > for the first meal there and may be reimbursed for the second as well.

      Rub it in. <G>

      I'm really starting to look forward to hitting my old favorite sushi haunt
      in Asakusabashi...

      Effingham
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
        Baron Edward!

        Greetings from Solveig!

        >I'm really starting to look forward to hitting my old favorite sushi haunt
        >in Asakusabashi...

        Talk about rubbing it in! I didn't eat sushi all that often in Japan!
        I did know a nice place on the way home that made an enjoyable Ochazuke.
        There was also a convenient Oden store and what naught. Now for really
        random stuff. There was a stand up soba shop at some station or other
        on Yamanote sen that served ajisoba that I liked.

        Now then, as I recall, there was a sashimi store somewhere around
        Nakano which (I vaguelly recall) served good kimchi. They also
        took up serving fillet of live fish. Aren't my food stories so
        pedestrian?

        Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
        advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

        Alas! But, I fear that I have forgotten (what was that language
        anyway).

        | techie.com |
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
          Barbara Nostrand wrote:

          > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
          > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

          One of my great frustrations:

          There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
          kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.

          Effingham
        • Ron Martino
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
            > Barbara Nostrand wrote:
            >
            > > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
            > > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.
            >
            > One of my great frustrations:
            >
            > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
            > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
            >
            > Effingham

            Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
            ceremony...

            --
            yumitori@... - Ask me how to get paid for surfing the Internet.
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
              Ron Martino wrote:

              > > One of my great frustrations:
              > >
              > > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
              > > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
              >
              > Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
              > ceremony...

              True, but you have to be very clear when you ask "where can I have kaiseki?" in
              looking for a restaurant.

              OTOH, if you're spending the day in a temple, it's academic. <G>

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 13, 2000
                Kev Fitzpatrick wrote:

                > > I can scan in a few pictures and e-mail them to you
                > > tomorrow. I'm ready to
                > > crash now, so please pardon the wait. I'll also scan
                > > in some line drawings
                > > of one with measurements.
                >
                > Mokkai arigatoo. Pennsic e iku yaroo? Boku wa
                > hajimete ya kara basho zenzen wakarahen kedo hontoo ni
                > aitai.

                Mochiron sa!

                I'll be looking forward to meeting you!