[SCA-JML] Re: armor

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 1999
      shubnigurath@... wrote:

      > Okay, so you don't like the illustrations in "Secrets of the Samurai".
      > But how is the information? I mean, it has a pretty impressive looking
      > bibliography, but is the information accurate?

      On the whole, the information is pretty good. I'm just really used to
      people trying to make armour or costume from sketches in that book...

      Effingham
    • richard johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
        Some time ago, I found a website where someone made some 'japanese' armor
        from a 20 gallon black plastic drum.

        That seemed like an inexpensive way to go and saved the site while i
        searched for a drum.

        Now, a long time later, I found the drum (suprisingly enough from my
        daughters High School German Teacher) and cannot find that site. Probably
        due to my computer crashing a few times.

        Does this site sound familiar to anyone?
        If so, can you send me the URL and comments so I can decide if i really want
        to cut the thing up for armor or not.

        Thanks.

        --
        Rick Johnson
        "Those who give up a little freedom in return for a little imagined security

      • Shefferly, Charles
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
          Try here

          http://www.yamakaminari.com/Armor/index.html

          ________________________________

          Some time ago, I found a website where someone made some 'japanese'
          armor
          from a 20 gallon black plastic drum.

          That seemed like an inexpensive way to go and saved the site while i
          searched for a drum.

          Now, a long time later, I found the drum (suprisingly enough from my
          daughters High School German Teacher) and cannot find that site.
          Probably
          due to my computer crashing a few times.

          Does this site sound familiar to anyone?
          If so, can you send me the URL and comments so I can decide if i really
          want
          to cut the thing up for armor or not.

          Thanks.

          --
          Rick Johnson
          security
          will soon find that they have neither."

          **********************
          ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
          **********************

          This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
          legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
          information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
          or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
          this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
          hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
          or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
          prohibited. If you have received this message in
          error, please immediately notify the sender and
          delete this E-mail message from your computer.

        • richard johnson
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009
            Thank you.
            This isn't the one I remember so either the website was updated or someone
            else came up with the same idea.

            I'll study this one and see if I can use it.

            Again, thank you.

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2009