Re: [SCA-JML] so....

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2000
      Kev Fitzpatrick wrote:

      > Effingham-dono, kataginu no wa, itsu made mo hontoo ni
      > arigatai to omoimasu.

      Iie, tondemo gozaran. I live to do this sort of thing. Well, this and to
      eat sushi...

      > I was wondering if anyone had a small picture of a
      > real life person wearing one so that I might be able
      > to get a look of it. All the pics I have are either
      > drawn or so old it's unintelligible. this may be
      > asking a bit much, but I guess I'll try.

      I can scan in a few pictures and e-mail them to you tomorrow. I'm ready to
      crash now, so please pardon the wait. I'll also scan in some line drawings
      of one with measurements.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
        Barbara Nostrand wrote:

        > Noble Cousins!
        >
        > Speaking of sushi. I recently had two job interviews which involved
        > traveling through Seattle. This gave me an opportunity to eat at
        > Shiro's (arguably the best or second best sushi establishment on
        > the continent) twice in about the last month. I was even reimbursed
        > for the first meal there and may be reimbursed for the second as well.

        Rub it in. <G>

        I'm really starting to look forward to hitting my old favorite sushi haunt
        in Asakusabashi...

        Effingham
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
          Baron Edward!

          Greetings from Solveig!

          >I'm really starting to look forward to hitting my old favorite sushi haunt
          >in Asakusabashi...

          Talk about rubbing it in! I didn't eat sushi all that often in Japan!
          I did know a nice place on the way home that made an enjoyable Ochazuke.
          There was also a convenient Oden store and what naught. Now for really
          random stuff. There was a stand up soba shop at some station or other
          on Yamanote sen that served ajisoba that I liked.

          Now then, as I recall, there was a sashimi store somewhere around
          Nakano which (I vaguelly recall) served good kimchi. They also
          took up serving fillet of live fish. Aren't my food stories so
          pedestrian?

          Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
          advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

          Alas! But, I fear that I have forgotten (what was that language
          anyway).

          | techie.com |
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
            Barbara Nostrand wrote:

            > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
            > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.

            One of my great frustrations:

            There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
            kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.

            Effingham
          • Ron Martino
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
              > Barbara Nostrand wrote:
              >
              > > Well, I did enroll myself in a class on kaiseki for the tea ceremony
              > > advertised in the back pages of Tanko.
              >
              > One of my great frustrations:
              >
              > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
              > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
              >
              > Effingham

              Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
              ceremony...

              --
              yumitori@... - Ask me how to get paid for surfing the Internet.
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
                Ron Martino wrote:

                > > One of my great frustrations:
                > >
                > > There are two *totally* different cuisines *both* called kaiseki (different
                > > kanji, of course) so you have to be clear which you plan to eat <G>.
                >
                > Well, yes, but only one of the two is associated with the tea
                > ceremony...

                True, but you have to be very clear when you ask "where can I have kaiseki?" in
                looking for a restaurant.

                OTOH, if you're spending the day in a temple, it's academic. <G>

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 13, 2000
                  Kev Fitzpatrick wrote:

                  > > I can scan in a few pictures and e-mail them to you
                  > > tomorrow. I'm ready to
                  > > crash now, so please pardon the wait. I'll also scan
                  > > in some line drawings
                  > > of one with measurements.
                  >
                  > Mokkai arigatoo. Pennsic e iku yaroo? Boku wa
                  > hajimete ya kara basho zenzen wakarahen kedo hontoo ni
                  > aitai.

                  Mochiron sa!

                  I'll be looking forward to meeting you!