[SCA-JML] Re: My Mon

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1 10:17 PM

      Greetings from Solveig. Daibukan by Hashimoto is too old to have an ISBN.
      Copies are held by the following libraries:

      NY COLUMBIA UNIV, E ASIAN ZCA
      NY CORNELL UNIV COO
      CA HOOVER INST ON WAR, REVOLUTION & PEACE HIN
      CA UNIV OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY CUY
      CA UNIV OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS, SHIELDS LIBR CUV
      CA UNIV OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA BARBARA CUT
      CT YALE UNIV LIBR YUS
      IL NORTHWESTERN UNIV INU
      IL UNIV OF CHICAGO CGU
      IN INDIANA UNIV IUL
      MA AMHERST COL AMH
      MA HARVARD UNIV, YENCHING LIBR HMY
      MA UNIV OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST AUM
      MN UNIV OF MINNESOTA, MINNEAPOLIS MNU
      NC DUKE UNIV LIBR NDD
      NJ PRINCETON UNIV PUL
      PA UNIV OF PENNSYLVANIA PAU
      PA UNIV OF PITTSBURGH PIT
      WI UNIV OF WISCONSIN, MADISON, GEN LIBR SYS GZM
      AS UNIV OF AUCKLAND LIBR UV0
      AS WASEDA UNIV LIBR LWU

      Title: Daibukan /
      Author(s): Hashimoto, Hiroshi.
      Publication: Tokyo : Meicho Kankokai,
      Edition: Kaitei zoho.
      Year: 1965
      Language: Japanese (Show vernacular)
      SUBJECT(S)
      Descriptor: Heraldry -- Japan.
      Feudalism -- Japan -- History -- Sources.
      Geographic: Japan -- Genealogy.
      Note(s): Includes index.
      Class Descriptors: LC: CS1304
      Other Titles: Kaitei zoho Daibukan
      Responsibility: [hensha Hashimoto Hiroshi ; Tokutomi Soho jo]
      Document Type: Book
      Entry: 19880427
      Update: 20010824
      Accession No: OCLC: 24981845
      Database: WorldCat

    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 5 7:55 AM

        Greetings from Solvieg!

        I do have a suggestion.

        1) Japanese did not generally use colour in the way that you are using
        in their designs. Enclosing circles are unusual before 1600. The
        combination of dots and the fan is also unusual. In herald speak,
        you have three "weirdnesses". Generally speaking, the CoA tries
        to discourage "weirdness" and limits people to at most one. However,
        the CoA will judge the thing based on Anglo-Norman heraldry and
        those things which are "weird" by Japanese standards, but normative
        by Anglo-Norman standards will pass under their radar. The CoA will
        probably just grumble slightly about how you are using the four balls.
        Incidentally, Japanese fans are more typically shown fully open rather
        than half open.

        Important CoA Note. You will have to pick a background colour in
        order to register this design with the College of Arms. The College
        of Arms has taken it into their heads that badges are supposed to
        be solid pieces of metal. Consequently, they are not registering
        badges which are both disconnected and lack a background. This is
        why it is best to pick a single Japanese charge. Doing so allows
        you to print it all over any kind of background you want.