Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Greetings All

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2003
      On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, John wrote:

      > Ok, i have the backstory, now I just need to pick a
      > name............................

      I recommend the archives on that subject. Should be LOTS of material by
      now!

      -Ii
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2003

        >A society based on a multiple time frame...(SCA Time frame being 800 -
        >1600 ad) must be willing to accept the anachronisms of the various
        >locational participants...

        As much as I may like Karl der Gross, last time I looked, there still
        was no early-period cut-off in the Society's governing documnets.
        800 is not a particularly good cut-off anyway as you miss out on
        some interesting "dark ages" stuff. Yes, you can argue that the
        chivalry got their start with Karl der Gross, but there is so much
        more going on.

        >Stand up and say..."This is how Japanese history was...and that's what
        >I am researching......ain't it fun!!!"

        Hear! Hear! Well said!

        >...The SCA has built itself into a "not european" corner...and must
        >live with it...

        At least as early ca June AS III when the East Kingdom had its very
        first event. The East Kingdom has always had Japanese. From the very
        begining.