RE: [SCA-JML] More questions!

  • Solveig
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 18, 2003

      Greetings from Solveig! As I recall, the Umatillas claim to have always been
      where they currently are, which is downstream from Kennewick Man. So their
      claim is poppycock. Of course, in real life the Umatillas moved around like
      everyone else. Linguistic distribution charts suggest that they arrived much
      more recently than Kennewick man. The point is, the Umatillas do not have a
      good claim on Kennewick man. The Wannapums are at least upriver from the
      site.