9766Re: [SCA-JML] My first woman's hakama

  • Solveig
    Jun 3, 2003

      Greetings from Solveig! Line drawings in Edo Fukushokushi suggest that
      extensive pleating of hakama may be a Meiji era innovation. Certainly,
      thre are photographs of hakama in the nuikata book which have very little
      no pleating. Having worn modern hakama, I can safely say that they are
      much more extensively pleated than the hakama depicted in either book.