9238Re: [SCA-JML] Seperate questions about armour

  • jim e grunst
    Mar 5, 2003
      On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:27:57 -0500 Ash Smith <kobushi@...>
      writes:
      > Well when I was ordering my plastic I ask around and the general
      > consensus
      > was 1/4" ... perhaps I wasn't clear that I was going to be making
      > kozane
      > hehe.

      The larger the piece, and the more curve to the piece, and also the more
      holes you have, the more likely you'll have broken pieces.
      I'd go thicker.
      Also, you are using ABS rather than Kydex?
      ABS breaks more readily than Kydex, if I'm not mistaken.
      Have you considered ALUMINUM?

      Tochiro

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com