9063Re: [SCA-JML] Rian/etc Cloak

  • Ii Saburou
    Feb 17, 2003
      I've tried to make one, but didn't get very far.

      It appears to be a netting (probably think along the lines of fishing
      nets) with straws tied on in bundles with what I believe is called a
      'swallow's head' knot--basically, fold the bundle in half, and then loop
      it through itself. That's the advice I got.

      I was trying it with rafia, but I'm not sure that it is the best
      material--using rice straw is best. Of course, the problem here is that
      it isn't really the 'straw' like most people think of straw, but includes
      most of the leaf, IIRC.

      Hope that helps.

      -Ii