9030Re: Uwagi fabrics

  • daviem01 <ellen.m.davis@att.net>
    Jan 29, 2003
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, ELAINE KOOGLER <ekoogler1@c...> wrote:
      > I am not certain that the uwagi was required to have fabric that
      > exactly like what is on the model. I suspect any elegant brocade
      > a Japanese/Chinese feel to it would work. I really like the first
      > you listed...and I think it would be delightful. You might want to
      > check the Dalby book for combinations of color to use with it.
      > Kiri

      Thanks for your input! I really need to get a copy of the Dalby
      book...must do that soon...

      I am leaning towards using that brocade, with the "kiku no yoyo"
      (diverse chrysanthemums) combination for early August: five unlined
      robes of maroon darkening towards the skin, with an aoi (blue-green)
      hitoe. Just the thing to be seen in at Midnight Madness! <g>

      (btw, expect to hear from me soon off-list...I need to speak to you
      about other matters!)

      Arigatou gozaimashita,
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic