8970[SCA-JML] Re: Looking for suggestions for Kofun and Yayoi.

  • Solveig
    Dec 30, 2002

      >Just for clarification...are you saying "a long long time" to suggest
      >some kind of natural progression of forms of government? Because the
      >Roman emperors were contemporaneous with middle to late Yayoi, and
      >Kofun...

      Again irrelevant. China was also considerably advanced with respect to
      Japan and a LOT closer. That doesn't prevent Japan from having tribal
      government or shamanism or any number of other things. The separation
      in time was significant for ROME and its development. Japan also
      enjoys distinct periods of development.

      Believe it or not, I am trying to help you. You appear to be
      falling into "rationalization research" where you are trying to
      prop up your desires about how you want things to be. If you start
      being surprised and find that you have to change your mind about
      things on occasion, then you will have made the leap to true
      research. Maybe that is already happening to you. I do hope that it is.

      Maybe there was the kind of specialization in religious
      occupations which makes your recreation possible. Thus, far you
      really haven't offered anything from the period in question to
      demonstrate that it did. You have offered up stuff from much later.
      That doesn't automatically work. We have good reason to believe
      that the religious life of the kuge changed significantly after
      the introduction of Buddhism and Chinese government.