8949[SCA-JML] Re: Looking for suggestions for Kofun and Yayoi.

  • Solveig
    Dec 23, 2002

      Greetings from Solveig! I urge you not to debate logical fallacies
      with me. I am quite familiar with the rules of logic and have
      demonstrated Godel's Incompleteness Theorem. Saying that there are
      priest's who are not kings in some societies is irrelevant. You
      can engage in priestly functions, but only if you are doing so in
      such a way that you are not claiming rank or status. This means
      that you do not control territory and that you are not an heir to
      someone who controls territory. Sorry, but that is how the rules work.

      Thus, you may be able to be an abstainer. You can not, however, run
      the village. You need to establish who runs the village or whatever
      and you have to establish that it is NOT YOU. As I mentioned earlier,
      this rule has general application. Abbots and Bishops are also generally
      out of bounds.

      As for the emperor. His big claim to power is that he is the high
      priest of Amaterasu no Mikoto. The same sort of thing is true for
      pharoh. This is quite different from the Roman emperors who had
      themselves declared gods. Shrinking this sort of theocratic
      relationship to a local level does not solve the problem anymore
      than calling yourself an abbot instead of a baron solves the problem.